Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcome to my blog

Well, here I am. Maybe I am two years too late to write a weight loss blog, because most of the ones I see are all about the weight loss journey. In my case, I'm sort of at the end of that journey, because I've pretty much lost the weight already (except for the last 10 pounds, of course). On the other hand, my journey is really just beginning, because now I'm in it for the long haul--keeping the weight off for the rest of my life. (And maybe losing those last 10 pounds, eventually.)

I've thought about this for a while, as I've read stacks of other people's books and pages of other people's blogs, thinking in the back of my head, "I have something to say, too." Really this is just for myself, a way to journal and express myself without the tedium of pen and paper. We'll see if I keep it up, or if it goes the way of most journals--procrastinated over and eventually set aside and forgotten.

Why did I start today? Well, honestly, it was a way to avoid the house cleaning and tidying that I had meant for today. After a long morning in bed watching all the morning shows that I miss because of going to work (all three hours of Today, followed by The View and forays into Regis and Kelly, The Tyra Banks Show, and Ellen), I went for a run, came home and took a long bath (to soak the muscles sore from yesterday's long run); by then it was time for lunch, General Hospital, and eventually Oprah--well, you see how time flies. I did manage to squeeze in a couple loads of laundry and some desultory housework before I needed to go check my email--and here I am.

The other reason today is a good day to start is because it is the beginning of the week after chocolate fest--that is, Valentine's Day. Not that I have people sending me chocolates, or anything like that (I am perfectly capable of buying them myself, believe me). But it was a week involving several festive lunches, three separate outings involving cocktails, and a birthday party with cake. Lots of cake. I'll admit, too much cake.

I didn't really go crazy--except maybe for the cake--and I think my weight is hovering within a couple pounds of where I expect it to be. But this week is the time to get back on the straight and narrow, and prove that a little bit of celebration need not lead to disaster!

No comments: